Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2002.302.0061
Collection Ridgefield School for Boys
Object Name clippings
Scope & Content Ridgefield School for Boys retrospective
Ridgefield Press, December 7, 1978

Ridgefield School, opened by the Rev. Roland Jessup
Mulford in 1907, was incorporated the following year Dr. Mul-
ford (A.B., Harvard '93, LL.B . '96, Ph.D , Johns Hopkins '03)
had been a master at St. Mark's and Pomfret and head master
of the Country School of Baltimore and the Cheshire School.

"From the beginning he has elicited the interest and endorsement
of men prominent in education and religious life, who have served
the school as trustees. Mrs. Mulford's sympathy and under-
standing have made her an active influence with the boys. The
school is Episcopalian. In 1911 a new building accommodating
fifty boys was erected near a lake three and one-half miles north
of Ridgefield. The boys are between the ages of eleven and
eighteen, and come from all parts of the country."

Title Ridgefield Press, December 7, 1978
Ridgefield School for Boys retrospective
Accession number 2002.302
Lexicon category 8: Communication Artifact
Lexicon sub-category Documentary Artifact
Source Nancy Birch